When registering for the Grächen Berglauf (paying the entry fee), you automatically agree to comply with our competition rules.
- Anyone who has reached the age of 18 is eligible to enter.
- The race bib is personal and must be worn unfolded and clearly visible from the front. Any changes made to the race bib will lead to disqualification.
- Time measurement is carried out using a chip. The chip is attached directly to the race bib or wrist and is removed at the finish line. Personal chips cannot be used.
- Runners are only allowed to start from the starting wave allocated to them by the organisation committee.
- The instructions of route officials are to be strictly obeyed. Private escort of runners by persons or vehicles of any sort, especially bikes, is not allowed. It is forbidden to take short cuts. Wheelchair participation is not possible for safety reasons.
- The finish line closes at 4 p.m. (Grächen Dorfplatz)
- The decision of the technical manager of the organisation committee is final on the subject of any disqualifications.
- Registration can take place online.
- The event organiser reserves the right to disqualify participants at any time and without refunding the entry fee if they provide false information concerning their personal data.
- The event organiser has limited the number of participants to 200 runners. If this limit is reached before the closing date for registrations, any registrations received afterwards can no longer be taken into account. Registrations are recorded in the order in which payments are received.
- If anyone who has registered for the Grächen Berglauf is unable to take part on the day, they are not entitled to a refund of the entry fee.
- If the race cannot take place or can only partially take place due to force majeure, there is no entitlement to a refund of the entry fee.
4. INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY/HEALTH
- Participation in the Grächen Berglauf takes place at the runners’ own risk and on their own responsibility.
- Regular endurance training and good health are requirements to start the run.
- It can be life-threatening to start the run while suffering from or directly after having had an infectious illness (e.g. the flu).
- It is recommended that runners drink sufficient fluids during and after the run.
- If runners experience breathing difficulties, dizziness, exhaustion, severe pains or similar, they should take a rest or withdraw.
- Event doctors and paramedics can remove participants from the race if health problems are diagnosed.
- The organiser and any partners do not accept liability for any kind of participant-related risk, especially health-related risks. Each participant is responsible for appearing at the start line in a well-trained and physically fit condition.
- Participants should arrange their own accident, theft and liability insurance.
- The event organiser shall accept no liability towards spectators and third parties.
- The organiser shall accept no liability for any objects accepted for safekeeping free of charge.
- In the case of any incident or debility of participants or accidents, assistance is to be requested immediately from the nearest checkpoint.
- Paramedic emergency number: 144
- The Grächen Berglauf is covered by a team of paramedics in contact by a radio network.
7. DOPING TESTS
- The Swiss Olympic Association’s “Doping Regulations” apply to this competition. Random drug testing may be carried out. The athletes shall accept the anti-doping rules of Swiss Olympic and acknowledge the exclusive authority of the Swiss Olympic disciplinary committee in any case of doping and the judgements of the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland) with no recourse to a court of law.
- See also www.dopinginfo.ch.
8. DATA PROTECTION
- When registering, participants agree that their personal data may be passed on to the sponsors listed in the programme guide and on the Internet, to the official photo service and any possible partner events for services.
- Anybody who wishes to object to their data being passed on should write to the Grächen Berglauf office via email at email@example.com
- The participants agree that photos from the run can be used to illustrate programme guides, ranking lists, webpages, advertisements and can also be used for other PR purposes of the organiser and any partners.
- When registering, the participants agree to the publication of their name, place of residence and especially their year of birth in official starting lists and rankings in printed or electronic form by the organiser or any partners. Agreeing to this is a condition for participating in the competition.
- For additional information on the subject of data protection, we refer to the detailed data protection provisions on our website, https://www.graechenberglauf.ch.
- See also Privacy Statement
- The organiser of the Grächen Berglauf is: KORA Explore GmbH, Gliserallee 1, BRIG-GLIS, VALAIS 3902, SWITZERLAND Switzerland.
- The court of jurisdiction is 3900 Brig, Switzerland.
- The competition rules are subject to change by the event organiser.